Posted on 3:31 PM

I'm Not Allison, Just Pretending For Today...



About a month ago I signed up for a blog swap over on Twenty Something Bloggers… I thought it sounded like fun, so why the hell not?! I’ve seen quite a few of my blog loves do guest posts and host guest posters, but I never really gave it much thought… well, other than, “Jeez, I wonder what you have to do to guest post. And how would I get someone to guest post on my blog. Or do I want anyone to?” So this guy named Jon set up the blog swap and randomly matched everyone with a partner. That’s how I ended up over here, and Allison is over on my blog today.

Allison and I discussed what we should write about and decided to answer this question: How has blogging affected your life, if at all?

Blogging has definitely not changed my life, but it has, shall I say, enhanced it quite a bit. First and foremost, blogging has introduced me to a ton of wonderful people all over the world. Well, not really all over the world, but from the US to the UK. I don’t really know anyone in Asia or Africa yet, but don’t doubt that I will someday. I now have bloggy friends that range from right here in Utah, to all the way across the pond.

Secondly, I think it’s pretty funny how attached I’ve grown to my bloggy friends. It’s crazy how much I’ve learned about each of their lives, even though we’ve never met. There are some bloggers out there that I feel I really connect with, and others who’s writing I simply enjoy reading. I’ve never met any of my fellow bloggers (other than my friends that I conned into starting blogs) but there are definitely quite a few of them that I’d love to chill with!

Sometimes I feel like blogging has taken over my life. Especially since I know there are more than just my close friends reading my blog. I feel a sense of obligation to entertain my readers and keep them coming back! I try to blog everyday, and make sure I spend plenty of time reading all of my favorite blogs. If I don’t get to them all on a daily basis, I feel horribly guilty!

Most of the blogs I read religiously, I happened upon by random chance. That whole six degrees of separation is definitely relevant in the blog world. I think a lot of them I found by reading Working Girl, and the rest of the connections have just blossomed from there. So I guess I have Working Girl to thank! Shout out to the girls, WG1 & WG2!

Well, I think that about wraps it up. Thanks for stopping by Allison’s blog, reading my post, and checking her out. She’s pretty hot, huh!? Shhh…. I won’t tell her boyfriend you said so! Now swing over to my blog and check out her post for today!

Read More

2 Responses to I'm Not Allison, Just Pretending For Today...

  1. Auri
    April 25, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    Hello my love... your very first guest blog... maybe we should guest blog? It only seems fitting. I'm a little surprised we didn't do it first! Darn... oh well=)Call me later
  2. .jimaie.marie.
    May 4, 2009 at 11:19 PM
    Allison!!!!!!
    I tagged you over at my blog, come check it out chica!! :D
    xoxo

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment pretty please. I love to hear what you have to say and each comment makes me happy to know someone is reading.