Posted on 7:38 PM

When It Rains It Pours

Well hello there! I feel like these past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind and I don't even know where to begin. This is going to be a bullet point post, hope you don't mind.

  • D's dad passed away Monday, May 18th. He had sleep apnia and passed in his sleep. It has truly been a very sad couple of weeks.
  • D's sister's cat died at the vet during a procedure to remove a tooth. We were at the funeral home making arrangements when she found out.
  • The air conditioning went out.
  • The transmission in D's mom's car is going bad, which means the purchase of a new car for her.
  • I have to replace all four tires on my car. That's $500 I could spend in so many other ways.
  • I still haven't heard back about my school loan. I have called every weekday since the 15th and every day they tell me "you should call back in 3-5 business days." Eff the 3-5 business days. I want to know right now if you're going to give me money to further my education. Gah!
  • I'm sure there is more that I'm not thinking of right now, but I don't want to continue being such a debbie downer. It's times like this that make me appreciate the life we are given and that it needs to be lived to it's fullest.
We are finally headed back to Nevada from Montana on Saturday and back to Montana again in a couple of weeks.

Oh and another thing... I've been worrying like I do. I've been second guessing myself and whether I want to move to California and be so far away from D. I've been looking into other options and I've gotta tell ya I have myself all flustered. Tomorrow morning I have a meeting with the admissions representative at The Salon Professional Academy to talk about aesthetics. You know like makeup and waxing of the nether regions and good stuff like that. I don't know that I will pursue it, but it's definitely something to look into. Maybe I'm just being too worrisome, but I do have an interest in makeup. For a second I thought it might be a good idea to get my license in aesthetics and work as an aesthetician while going to school. I don't know what will come of it, but I'll be sure to keep you all informed. I know you're sitting on the edge of you're seat waiting to find out. Read More

4 Responses to When It Rains It Pours

  1. Kyla Roma
    May 29, 2009 at 6:38 AM
    Oh my gosh that is....that's beyond being a lot to take in. I'm sorry you've had so much Life happening in such a short period of time, that's a ton to deal with. Be nice to yourself while all this is going on!
  2. ALF
    May 29, 2009 at 8:54 AM
    Very sorry to hear about D's Dad. :(
  3. Katelin
    May 29, 2009 at 3:57 PM
    oy i hope everything starts looking up soon. you deserve it.
  4. sarah marie p
    June 11, 2009 at 5:13 PM
    Although it's taken me forever to comment on this post, I've been thinking about you. I'm so sorry to hear about your boy's dad. :( So, so sad.

    And it's horrible that all those other bad things piled on you at once. I think it means things can only get better from here!

    Keep your chin up, lady! Good things are going to happen!

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment pretty please. I love to hear what you have to say and each comment makes me happy to know someone is reading.