Posted on 11:58 AM

Show Me the Money

Right now I am frustrated. I have been so excited about going back to school (which I should be, right?). It's taken some time for me to decide what I want to do with myself and actually get to the point that I want to go back to school and now there is a tiny glitch. And when I say tiny it really isn't as small as I'm making it out to be.

I have received all the financial aid I can with out a private loan. I filled out the FAFSA, I received a scholarship for $2000 from the school, and I applied for and received my stafford loans. The next step is applying for the remainder of the balance as a private loan. I have applied to 3 different lenders and 2 of them have already denied me a loan. The last and final lender says my loan is pending right now and it will take 2 to 3 business days to get an answer. This means I should get an answer Monday or Tuesday. Waiting to find out is practically killing me. If I don't get this loan I won't be able to afford going to Brooks Institute.

I am starting to feel my dream slip away and it's so disheartening. I hope that I can report back early next week that my fears were wrong and I will be packing up soon to go to school. I guess what I'm really doing at this point is hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

I REALLY want this. I hope the bank doesn't shatter my dream. I'm starting to think about other options, but I'm not going to talk about those at this point because I'm trying to keep a positive attitude. Should the time come that I find out I am declined for my loan I'll cry, and I'll move on. Read More

5 Responses to Show Me the Money

  1. Ms. Salti
    May 18, 2009 at 9:10 AM
    My fingers are crossed that you hear good news today! Keep us posted!
  2. Sara McGinness
    May 18, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    I am thinking good thoughts that you get approved.
  3. EP
    May 19, 2009 at 1:45 PM
    I'm crossing my fingers for you! It WILL work out, one way or another.

    If worse comes to worse, take some photo classes at a different place. Going to the Brooks Institute isn't the be all end all for photography. (:
  4. Unknown
    May 27, 2009 at 2:30 PM
    Good luck!! I hope that it all works out for you and It sounds like you will make the best of any outcome :)
  5. Unknown
    May 27, 2009 at 2:30 PM
    Oh, and I'm a new blogger that thought I would say hi1 I love you blog :) my name is Ashley!

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment pretty please. I love to hear what you have to say and each comment makes me happy to know someone is reading.